Jingles are memorable, aren’t they? It’s easy to get a TV commercial with a creative jingle “stuck on repeat” in your head. Or maybe you find yourself singing a catchy tune, over and over for hours.
We need your help to write a memorable jingle that will inspire children to wash their hands for 20 seconds. Are you up for the challenge?
Essity recently launched Handwashing Works!, a hand hygiene education program for pre-K through second graders. Students learn the five steps to follow for effective handwashing and when they should wash their hands. (Browse our Handwashing Works! web site for more information.)
We need your help to create a memorable, jammin’ jingle for the Handwashing Works! hand hygiene education program! Write a 20-second jingle about handwashing, specifically about the importance of scrubbing your hands. The winning jingle submission will be used by teachers and educators across the country when implementing the Handwashing Works! program in 2019-2020.
- The jingle should last for 20 seconds.Why 20 seconds? Because, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), this is the ideal length of time it should take to properly wash your hands.
- The content should be appropriatefor pre-K through second grade students. It should be easy for young students to learn and remember.
- Content should include theimportant aspects of scrubbing your hands:
- Scrub your hands for 20 seconds.
- The important places to scrub while washing your hands: front of hands, back of hands, in between fingers, around wrists, fingernails.
- Optional – mention the next steps: after scrubbing, you wash soap off your hands with water and then use a paper towel to dry your hands.
- Be creative and take a light-hearted approach!
- Do not use copyrighted music. Important note: while every good jingle needs a catchy tune, please do not use any existing copyrighted music, songs or jingles.
- It’s not mandatory but consider incorporating aspects from the Handwashing Works! program, like our engaging characters, Zoey, Jake and Gus. Visit comto learn more.
The contest begins December 3, 2018, and all entries must be received by midnight on February 25, 2019. Winner will be announced the week of March 18, 2019.
One Grand Prize Winner will be awarded:
Winner will receive a $1,500 Grant for your school and a Pizza Party for your classroom.
School Prize: The school of the Grand Prize Winner will win a variety of Tork® brand paper product
THERE’S STILL TIME TO ENTER ESSITY’S JAMMIN’ JINGLE CONTEST FOR MIDDLE SCHOOLERS—DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 25!