Essity’s Jammin’ Jingle Challenge Guidelines and Rules
Thank you for your interest in Essity’s Handwashing Works! jingle contest. Please read the following contest rules carefully, and good luck!
About the Contest
Essity recently launched Handwashing Works!, a hand hygiene education program for pre-K through second graders. Students learn the five steps to follow for effective handwashing and when they should wash their hands. (Browse our Handwashing Works! web site for more information.)
We need your help to create a memorable jingle for the Handwashing Works! hand hygiene education program! Write a 20-second jingle about handwashing, specifically about the importance of scrubbing your hands.
How the Jingle Will Be Used
The winning jingle submission will be used by teachers and educators across the country when implementing the Handwashing Works! program during the 2019-2020 school year. The contest winner agrees that their submission will be used in schools for handwashing education and the video will be shared externally.
Enter as an individual, one student, OR a classroom. Small groups within a classroom are also permissible.
Entries will be evaluated on the following:
- The jingle should last for 20 seconds. Why 20 seconds? Because, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), this is the ideal length of time it should take to properly wash your hands.
- The content should be appropriate for pre-K through second grade students. It should be easy for young students to learn and remember.
- Content should include the important aspects of scrubbing your hands:
- Scrub your hands for 20 seconds.
- The important places to scrub while washing your hands: front of hands, back of hands, in between fingers, around wrists, fingernails.
- Optional – mention the next steps: after scrubbing, you wash soap off your hands with water and then use a paper towel to dry your hands.
- Be creative and take a light-hearted approach!
- Do not use copyrighted music. Important note: while every good jingle needs a catchy tune, please do not use any existing copyrighted music, songs or jingles.
- It’s not mandatory but consider incorporating aspects from the Handwashing Works! program, like our engaging characters, Zoey, Jake and Gus. Visit handwashingworks.com to learn more.
How to Enter
Please submit your jingle in two formats:
- Provide the written text of the jingle with a description of how it could be taught to pre-K through second grade students.
- Submit a 20-second video: sing the jingle and show us!
The contest begins December 3, 2018, and all entries must be received by midnight on February 25, 2019. Winner will be announced the week of March 18, 2019.
One Grand Prize Winner will be awarded:
Winner will receive a $1,500 Grant for your school and a Pizza Party for your classroom.
School Prize: The school of the Grand Prize Winner will win a variety of Tork® brand paper products.